Yes I'm on board - which is a bit dangerous because of the splinters [memo; don't sit down].
No2 might have the deep south version.... Missy Laney.

Joseph

On 06/12/2019 2:17 am, Lee Jackson wrote:

You'd have to sign up for it. Not a difficult deal, however. I'll be clearing everyone's "mod first post" bit for the time being.

On 12/5/2019 12:34 PM, portagecreek wrote:
Yea.??

Yes it might be handy but not overkill. ??Would one have to sign up for it or does it automatically come with main?

GR

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Jackson
Sent: Dec 5, 2019 12:50 PM
To: main@puny.groups.io
Subject: [puny] PUNY MissElainey Subgroup? (was: PUNY FAQs)

I've done some thinking, as promised, and I think that perhaps we could use a new subgroup. This subgroup would be an amalgamation of the old Pun-Amok and Punoff Yahoo groups, designed for any non-PUNY/punny discussion. It would host both "chatter about things related to language, grammar and a variety of historical and cultural discussions that often cropped up as a result of a punning thread," as Gary said Pun-Amok once did, and it would simultaneously host any discussions related to the annual O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships and its ancillary events. I foresee that the volume would be small enough that it could easily handle both topics of conversation without much stepping on peoples' toes.

That's item one of this e-mail: do you agree with my proposal? Please respond yea or nay.

Item two is more trivial, but equally necessary. If item one passes, and I am going to be presumptuous and say that it will, the new subgroup will need a name. My first suggestion is PUNY-MissElainey. This is an open item: feel free to throw out ideas, but (for now) only if you respond with a yea to item one of this e-mail. (We'll open it up to everyone if item one passes.)

Please respond promptly. Thank you for your time.

--
Lee Jackson, PUNY group Administrangler
Visit the PUNY and O. Henry Museum Web Sites!