Re: PUNY FAQs

Lee Jackson

First off, I have discovered what happened with your message, Lars. Groups.io created a special hashtag called #guidelines for our group (I imagine that's standard procedure) when it sent out the monthly FAQ. This hashtag has a couple of things going for it in its settings:

  • Its effects only last on that topic for a month.
  • It can only be used by Moderators.
  • It can only be replied to by Moderators.

So, in this case, you must have somehow created a new subject line on your third try. That's what got your message through. (Note that I have *disabled* this "feature" so that everyone can reply to the FAQ/guidelines in the future.)

Now, to address the meat on your plate, there was a discussion to bring back PunAmok as a subgroup, but that was tabled. It's now too late to do the Easy Groups Transfer, so we'd have to set it up from scratch. Is that what you're wanting?

As for L&H, I'm not sure what you're wanting, but if it's a FAQ of its own, that's entirely doable. Just establish the document and I'll set it up as a "guidelines" document on your subgroup. Then, once every month, L&H will get its own mailout.

Unless ... you're wanting to include the existence of L&H in the PUNY FAQ? Is that what you want? I guess I could give a nod for the members who had to join PUNY to get to L&H, but I'd rather L&H have its own separate FAQ, not one FAQ that encompasses both groups. Is that what you were talking about?

On 12/2/2019 10:44 AM, Lee Jackson wrote:

I don't know what happened with the bouncing - at least you got it through. I'll investigate/castigate, then answer at a later date since I just got back from a doctor's office date.

On 12/1/2019 1:04 PM, Lars Hanson wrote:
Unbelievably, this is the third attempt to get this message through!

    The first attempt was a simple reply.  This was rejected because of the hashtag in the subject line.

    The second attempt removed "#guidelines" from the subject line and was sent without any hashtags.  This, too, was rejected because of a hashtag (#) supposedly having been included in the subject line, although there was no such hashtag!  Nor were there any hashtags on the message at all!

    This third attempt has no hashtags in the text or in the subject, and the subject line has been altered entirely.  We shall see if it gets through . . . .

    However, that may be serendipitous, as it has allowed me to expand and amend the text a bit, below.