From: main@puny.groups.io <main@puny.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cynthia MacGregor
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2019 3:26 AM
To: PUNY <main@puny.groups.io>
Subject: [puny] Rogue Riddle # 1000

Yep – this is Rogue # 1000. If my computer’s math didn’t fail me, that means we have been playing this game for 19-1/4 years, 19-1/4 almost-consecutive weekends, less the Pun-Off weekend on a couple of years, if memory serves—and I think in this case it does.

OK—let’s get to it.

Remember DON'T hit Reply.

Send all guesses, curses, and whatnot to:

Cynthia@...

I really like the new-style riddles, and I have one written and ready to launch the NEXT time it’s on me to host, but I thought that for this, the one-thousandth Rogue, I should follow Gary’s lead and go retro. So give me the punned song title this short tale suggests:

It was a gusty day on the world-famous river. The Nordic tourists lifted their glasses in a toast—but they didn’t want their toast buttered. Then one of them began singing the old classic, “There’s a Small Hotel.”

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor