Re: Symbolic Pun

Cynthia MacGregor

If you’re dense, Marilyn, I’m an ignoromnibus (I think that may be a POGO word but not sure—at any rate, it’s not original w/me) bcs not only couldn’t I figure out what the rebus meant, but now that The Other Gary has explained it, I understand why I couldn’t figure it out: I’ve never heard/read the expression “pound sand.” And I’m a “War Baby,” so that comes from my era.

Take heart, my friend. You’re not alone in having been puzzled.

Cyn

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor

www.cynthiamacgregor.com

Pass a smile along

From: <main@puny.groups.io> on behalf of "Marilyn Van Driesen via Groups.Io" <merkv814@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 9:43 PM
To: <main@puny.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [puny] Symbolic Pun

I must be dense.  I was trying to figure that out, too.

Merk

On Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 07:24:42 PM CST, joseph h via Groups.Io <joe9438@...> wrote:

I'm missing something here. Can you translate? [Poundand -- poundsand...20 shillings and...pencesand...]

Puzzled over the pond

????& would be better as a hybrid using a letter too. ??????????s&

G Reeves