moderated RR #991 (BINGO & REVEAL)

gary hallock

I am pleased to note that 5 (count ‘em FIVE) players participated in this week’s Rogue offering. What’s even more encouraging is the fact that we went somewhat viral in this effort, receiving guesses from at least one player outside of our YahooUniverse.

As usual, Lars was early out of the gate with a healthy collection of kills, but he was quickly matched and eclipsed in his efforts by several other players, including Gary Reeves, Adam Engel, Erika Ettin, and Jim Ertner. In typical Lars fashion, he plugged away and eventually killed the entire set, claiming again the honor/privilege of hosting RR #992 this next weekend.

Congrats are in order to Adam and Erika for getting their feats sweat and sticking their next out to participate in this round. I fully expect they will both soon be tough contenders for claiming/hosting honors. New blood! YES!!!!!

Answers revealed below.

Thank you for playing,

Gary Hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE #991 (Launched Sunday, Sept 29, 2019 @12:25pm Central)

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Below you will find a listing of 10 (count ‘em, TEN) short riddle-ish conundrums. Each contains a pair of descriptions or definitions intended to lead you to a particular word or phrase. Each couplet is closely related, in that the proper answers will be phonetically identical, yet be comprised of distinctly different word(s). In order to score a complete kill on each, you must provide a reasonable version of both suggested variants.

As is often the case, I have provided a “sample” in the form of the first pair which is numbered “zero.” Be the first provide me with all, or most, of the required words/phrases and you will win the honor of composing and hosting Rogue #992 next weekend. There is not time limit on this one and I very well may offer some clues to the clueless, so please don’t fall asleep on me. - Gary Hallock

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*

A sign offering gratuitous slices of birthday dessert. / Chronic pain suffered by a circus side show personality
#### FREE CAKE / FREAK ACHE

To take possession of property (usually a vehicle) by urgent force or presumed authority. / The most ordinary of Bambi’s relatives.
#### COMMANDEER / COMMON DEER

Liquid splashed embarrassingly on the front of your pants while washing hands in the restroom. / A device for dispatching annoying airborne insects.
#### FLY’S WATER / FLY SWATTER

Delivery van owned by 1970’s Korean religious cult leader. / 1987 Cher Oscar vehicle
#### MOON’S TRUCK / MOON STRUCK

Responses to questions posed by Neilsen market researchers. / Job description of some workers in topless bars.
#### POLLED ANSWERS / POLE DANCERS

An ambivalent response to a political poll. / A visual cognition that often follows the viewing of both England & France.
#### UNDECIDED / UNDIES SIGHTED

A place to relax and recline in your backyard / The space directly above the rocket pad.
#### LAWN CHAIR / LAUNCH AIR

Trolley service provided along the sandy shoreline. / The devious breaking of a promise or confidence.
#### BEACH RAIL / BETRAYAL

To be clad head to toe in denim. / A type of car trouble that might typically make you late for an appointment.
#### BLUE ATTIRE / BLEW A TIRE

A milk processing facility filled with intrigue and skullduggery. / A humpy ungulate.
#### DRAMA DAIRY / DROMEDARY

Seattle’s best known architectural landmark. / Device used by veterinary surgeons in preparation for “fixing” your pets.
#### SPACE NEEDLE / SPAY’S NEEDLE

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.