moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #991

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE #991 (Launched Sunday, Sept 29, 2019 @12:25pm Central)

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
Submit all guesses, groans, gripes and guffaws directly to <gary@...>

Below you will find a listing of 10 (count ‘em, TEN) short riddle-ish conundrums. Each contains a pair of descriptions or definitions intended to lead you to a particular word or phrase. Each couplet is closely related, in that the proper answers will be phonetically identical, yet be comprised of distinctly different word(s). In order to score a complete kill on each, you must provide a reasonable version of both suggested variants.

As is often the case, I have provided a “sample” in the form of the first pair which is numbered “zero.” Be the first provide me with all, or most, of the required words/phrases and you will win the honor of composing and hosting Rogue #992 next weekend. There is not time limit on this one and I very well may offer some clues to the clueless, so please don’t fall asleep on me. - Gary Hallock

Wording of a sign offering gratuitous slices of birthday dessert. / Chronic pain suffered by a circus side show personality
#### FREE CAKE / FREAK ACHE

To take possession of property (usually a vehicle) by urgent force or presumed authority. / The most ordinary of Bambi’s relatives.
####

Liquid splashed embarrassingly on the front of your pants while washing hands in the restroom. / A device for dispatching annoying airborne insects.
####

Delivery van owned by 1970’s Korean religious cult leader. / 1987 Cher Oscar vehicle
####

Responses to questions posed by Neilsen market researchers. / Job description of some workers in topless bars.
####

An ambivalent response to a political poll. / A visual cognition that often follows the viewing of both England & France.
####

A place to relax and recline in your backyard / The space directly above the rocket pad.
####

Trolley service provided along the sandy shoreline. / The devious breaking of a promise or confidence.
####

To be clad head to toe in denim. / A type of car trouble that might typically make you late for an appointment.
####

A milk processing facility filled with intrigue and skullduggery. / A humpy ungulate.
####

Seattle’s best known architectural landmark. / Device used by veterinary surgeons in preparation for “fixing” your pets.
####

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.