moderated Re: Rogue Riddle #974 UPDATE 4 and REVEAL ...

Chris Gross <ca_12_dozen@...>

Well, not surprisingly, the two players who solved the riddle were the ones I aped.  Both Kirk and Gary got BINGO's, albeit with a few clues thrown in from yours, truly.  Kirk arrived at the answer a short while before Gary, so he will host RR #975 this coming weekend.

See below for the reveal / pun.

Chris

On Jun 1, 2019, at 12:30 PM, Chris Gross wrote:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Rouge Riddle #974 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Limericks and Haikus <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

They say that apery is the highest form of flattery. Or in my case, perhaps, flatulence. But here I am, taking a page out of Kirk Miller and Gary Hallock’s book, and offering a series of limericks (and haikus), which contain clues to the REAL reveal in the end. The clues are there to help you complete the final haiku; which contains the pun. Unlike Kirk and Gary, I’ve already filled in all of the BLANKS. Except for one. The final line of the final haiku; which, as is standard, contains the obligatory 5 syllables.

You’ll figure this out as you go along. I hope!

I’m not going to preface this with more puns, or play-on-words. Those will be left to your imagination, and miner skills needed to extract these “gems”. Hope you have fun solving!

As always, the rogue riddle game ends once someone has achieved “BINGO”, or by Tuesday, June 4, at midnight EDT. Since there is just one reveal, your answer must be the first to match mine, exactly, to claim the privilege and honor of hosting #975. But if you’re close, I will hand it off to whoever got closest first … Anyone who responds/guesses will get further hints if totally clueless. To encourage more players, I will REVEAL the answer and WINNER late Tuesday night, or Wednesday morning.

Herewith, the riddle:

Having skills when she plucks at the string
Always thrills me; it sounds like she sings
Really softly. Angel-like.
Pedaling, as if on bike
Spin-class never had one of these things …

THE ACROSTIC LIMERICK SPELLED OUT "HARPS" / THE PERSON PLAYING THIS INSTRUMENT IS EITHER KNOWN AS A HARPIST OR HARPER

What amazes me ‘bout this musician,
Every time that she has an audition,
Is the dress that she wears
Really’s shear, and it bares
Derriere. Judges like her volition.

THE ACROSTIC LIMERICK SPELLED OUT "WEIRD"

At times, she will play
For a church’s charity.
I think that’s plucky.

ANOTHER WORD FOR CHURCH CHARITY EVENT IS "BAZAAR"

And in her spare time
She’s reading up on fashion;
To replace worn dress.

THE HARPER'S BAZAAR IS A FASHION MAGAZINE, DATING BACK TO THE 1860'S

If you’ve got the clue
The reveal will be easy:
THE HARPER'S BIZARRE (the pun)

JUST LIKE ME ... WEIRD, BIZARRE, and at times PLUCKY ...

See what you get when you let ME win the weekly riddle???!!! ;^)