moderated Re: Rogue Riddle #974 ... Drum Roll, please ... UPDATE 3 ...

Chris Gross <ca_12_dozen@...>

We have a few active players; one of whom is very close to solving.  It's not too late to play ...

The next key "clue" is the second haiku.  What would a young woman read to learn about fashion? 

And the second acrostic limerick - WEIRD - is a crucial clue ... 

And since I am in the "giving" mood, the five syllable BLANK has the following letter count:

3/6'1/7

Chris

On Sunday, June 2, 2019, 4:18:51 PM EDT, Chris Gross ca_12_dozen@... [puny] wrote:

Second clue:

Church charity (event) is the key clue in the first haiku ...

> On Jun 2, 2019, at 7:38 AM, Chris Gross wrote:
>
> Dear punsters:
>
> So far I’ve heard from two players. Neither seem to know where this ship is heading; in fairness, and to encourage more to take a stab, I’ll offer the first set of clues. Look carefully at the limericks. They are acrostic. Let’s see if this helps to trigger a guess ...
>
>> On Jun 1, 2019, at 12:30 PM, Chris Gross wrote:
>>
>>
>> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Rouge Riddle #974 <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>>
>> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Limericks and Haikus <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>>
>> They say that apery is the highest form of flattery. Or in my case, perhaps, flatulence. But here I am, taking a page out of Kirk Miller and Gary Hallock’s book, and offering a series of limericks (and haikus), which contain clues to the REAL reveal in the end. The clues are there to help you complete the final haiku; which contains the pun. Unlike Kirk and Gary, I’ve already filled in all of the BLANKS. Except for one. The final line of the final haiku; which, as is standard, contains the obligatory 5 syllables.
>>
>> You’ll figure this out as you go along. I hope!
>>
>> I’m not going to preface this with more puns, or play-on-words. Those will be left to your imagination, and miner skills needed to extract these “gems”. Hope you have fun solving!
>>
>> As always, the rogue riddle game ends once someone has achieved “BINGO”, or by Tuesday, June 4, at midnight EDT. Since there is just one reveal, your answer must be the first to match mine, exactly, to claim the privilege and honor of hosting #975. But if you’re close, I will hand it off to whoever got closest first … Anyone who responds/guesses will get further hints if totally clueless. To encourage more players, I will REVEAL the answer and WINNER late Tuesday night, or Wednesday morning.
>>
>>
>>
>> Herewith, the riddle:
>>
>>
>>
>> Having skills when she plucks at the strings
>>
>> Always thrills me; it sounds like she sings
>>
>> Really softly. Angel-like.
>>
>> Pedaling, as if on bike.
>>
>> Spin-class never had one of these things …
>>
>>
>>
>> What amazes me ‘bout this musician,
>>
>> Every time that she has an audition,
>>
>> Is the dress that she wears
>>
>> Really’s shear, and it bares
>>
>> Derriere. Judges like her volition.
>>
>>
>>
>> At times, she will play
>>
>> For a church’s charity.
>>
>> I think that’s plucky.
>>
>>
>>
>> And in her spare time
>>
>> She’s reading up on fashion;
>>
>> To replace worn dress.
>>
>>
>>
>> If you’ve got the clues
>>
>> The reveal will be easy:
>>
>> BLANK
>>
>>
>>
>> Please send your guess to my email:
>>
>> ca_12_dozen@...
>>
>>
>>
>> Chris Gross
>> ca_12_dozen@...

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.