moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #972 - Animal Verbs

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE #972 - Animal Verbs - Launched Sunday, May 19, 2019 @11am central

%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%
Send all guesses, grumps, gripes & groans directly to <Gary@...>
%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Below you will see a set of 12 brief riddle questions, each with a single BLANK that requires filling. The theme here is ANIMAL VERBS, which is to say that every correct answer will be the name of a creature whose name is also occasionally used as a verb. The switch here is that in nearly all of these offerings, I have merely punned on the animal name in a non-verb way, essentially neutralizing the entire reason for creating this theme. Still, I expect this will help you narrow down your candidates for fowling in my blanks. Enjoy!

First player with the most (or all) kills wins the honor of hosting the Rogue next week. 

Sample question number zero

0. - [Emcee speaking:] I’d like to introduce you to a very earthy fellow who has just joined the cast of the underground. Let's give him a BLANK welcome to our stage here at Club Compost.
#### WORM

1. - If your lovebird’s mate goes missing, you may want to BLANK with another.
#### PARROT

2. - The paranoid shepherd boy with the overactive imagination was forever sticking his neck our and BLANK “Wolf!"
#### CRANE

3. - If someone offers you a crustacean dinner, you should BLANK the opportunity.
#### CRAB

4. - It’s really too BLANK afraid to hunt those fierce furry animals. Their pelts are quite valuable.

5. - It’s said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but still it BLANK-ears flattery will get your prime mate nowhere.

6. - BLANK-da world can I make you stop pestering me?

7. - "The door to the monastery is locked for a reason,” said the friar. "Please don’t BLANK with it."

8. - We’re suckers for a sob story, yet still BLANK to customers who obviously don’t intend to pay their bill. 

9. - A burglar broke into the herpetology clinic and made off with several valuable specimens. It must have been a BLANK thief. 

10. - When Lady GaGa reads bedtime stories to her little infant she often uses baby talk. That’s right, the young mother BLANK. 

"I came out of the shower stark naked just to answer the phone,” he said. "I’m in the BLANK."

12. - All the chicks will be safe in the henhouse tonight unless someone BLANK things up.

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.