moderated Rogue Riddle 971--Reveal and winner status

Cynthia MacGregor

Late entrant David Wyde got three bingos, thus earning winner status, but as he cannot host next weekend, that honor falls to runner-up Gary Hallock, our Leerless Feeder, who got his two bingos earlier than Chris got his two—and Chris also can't host next week anyhow.

Here are the answers to these toughies

ROGUE RIDDLE 971

Mish-mash: Unthemed, but you need both the target and the pun to score a complete point.

1 – Jews eat their safeguards

lox/locks

2 – Latin, meaning if you get angry you’ll tell an untruth

Tempus fugit/tempers fudge it

3 – Former VP sick all the time, reported in newspaper

Chronicle/Chronic Al

4 – Means of communicating musically from the grain storage facility

Xylophone/silo phone

5 – That clothing is so old it needs to be disposed of

Garbage/garb age

6 – The water-borne craft all had alphabetic designations. This one had an animal for its mast

Giraffe/G-raft

7 – This name is very often given to Latino babies

Common/Carmen (This one’s for you, Bob D!)

8 – This Italian meat—or is it a veggie?—is raring to go!

Avocado/avid cotto

9 – I have only greenbacks, no credit cards, to buy this expensive wool sweater

Mere cash/cashmere

10 – The Romans drove this horse-powered boat for the first time

Chariot/cherry yacht

Make it a splendiferous day!

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor