moderated Re: DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CAKE, OR...

joseph h

Cyn,

Just two days for me. And simpler treatment invovling a nasty big needle to insert a capsule; no radium, and single short course of radiotherapy to cvome. They have learned a lot, and the treatments seem simpler..

Joseph

On 10/04/2019 10:30 am, Cynthia MacGregor cynmacgregor@... [puny] wrote:

I was in my early 30s, Joseph, and yes, it was a shock. But claustrophobe that I am, I was even more afraid of being confined to a hospital than I was of the cancer—and in those days they kept you much longer post-op. I was hospitalized for eight days. (Plus being hospitalized twice for intracavitary radium insertions.) (I also had external radium teletherapy, but no chemo. AND IT ALL WORKED!)

Glad you got past it, Cyn, and thanks for the good wishes. You must have been young when it hit; that would have been a terrible shock.

Joseph

On 09/04/2019 8:28 pm, Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny] wrote:

??

CANCER? Shit!

??

I'm a survivor myself ??? 44 years post-op ??? wishing you the same!

??

Cyn

??

Make it a splendiferous day!

??

Cynthia ("Cyn") MacGregor

Freelance writer/editor

??

Pass a smile along

??

From: PUNY on behalf of PUNY
Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 1:33 PM
To: PUNY
Subject: Re: [puny] DON'T EAT TOO MUCH CAKE, OR...

??

??

The birthday signs are rather good,

Though this stretched rhyme refers to food,

But cancer this year I must fight,

Things, I'm told, will work out right.

??

Thanks, Cyn.

??

Joseph

??

On 09/04/2019 10:11 am, Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny] wrote:

??

???you'll have an UNhappy BARFday.

??

The usual good wishes go out to Joseph H., celebrating his natal day today.

??

Cyn

Make it a splendiferous day!

??