moderated Re: Rogue Riddle 962 - Final standings and solutions

David Wyde

It was so close, and we had a whopping 7 guessers! Thanks for playing and following along.

Cyn had no e-quill and stands by her-shelve in clear first. She will host next week.

Final scores:
Cyn - 7
Stan - 6.5
Gary - 6.5
Bill - 6
Kirk - 5.5
Chris - 4
Jim - 2

Question: what's a better clue for #6 (LITTER ASSURE)? A lot of people got "litter" but "assure" proved tricky. I thought "guarantee" would lead to "assure", but I'd be happy to hear any opinions on how to improve for next time.

I don't think anyone guessed #5, #8, or #9, but I was surprised that most people got half of #6.

Best,
David

0) Before you fix a flat tire you have to BLANK.
4 2 / 6
JACK IT / JACKET

1) The book washed out to sea on a BLANK wave.
5 / 5
TIDAL / TITLE

2) You don't have to write a book, you have BLANK choices.
5 / 6
 OTHER / AUTHOR

3) We store playing cards BLANK.
2 5 / 5
 IN DECKS / INDEX

4) The BLANK bought books about the royal family.
6 / 6
 PRINCE / PRINTS

5) We're a small organized political group, but they're a BLANK.
3-7 / 3-7
NON-FACTION / NON-FICTION

6) BLANK: I guarantee you'll leave trash on the street.
6 6 / 10
 LITTER ASSURE / LITERATURE

7) The lyin' CIA agent was caught BLANK for another country.
5' / 5
SPYIN' / SPINE

8) The old-time mute was BLANK.
7 4 / 10
DICTION NARY / DICTIONARY

9) The women's chorus was followed by a contrasting BLANK.
3 3 3 / 7
ALL MAN ACT / ALMANAC

10) The book about Genghis had BLANK and Khans.
4 / 5
 PROS / PROSE