moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #959 (Bingo & answers revealed)

gary hallock

A well plotted late entry by David Wyde allowed him to cash up with the other 5 players and claim pay dirt. Even though it wasn't a clean sweep, he did manage to leave most other players in the dust. Final tallies are as follows.

11 kills - David Wyde
9 kills - Cynthia MacGregor
9 kills - Chris Gross
7 kills - Kirk miller
7 kills - Stan Kegel
5 kills - Jim Ertner

Despite his recent frustrations with hosting, David has conceded that it probably wouldn’t kill him to take another stab at hosting a Rogue Riddle, so I will try to keep him alive over the corpse of the next few days as he works up a little something for us to eschew on. Please do be kind and offer him some play.

My answers are shown below in BOLD BLUE. Thank you all for playing,

Gary Hallock.
===========================

ROGUE RIDDLE #959 - Launched Sunday, February 17, 2019 @ noon central.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

SHOW ME THE MONEY! - Euphemisms for the “long green.”

Below are 14 short riddles, each with a single BLANK for you to fill in. Each BLANK should be replaced with a word/phrase that is a common slang term for money. It is surprising to realize how long a shopping list there is for this general topic. Whether specific or generic, each of my terms can easily be discovered without significant brain bending or tedious research. As a sample, I have offered Riddle #Zero which actually contains two BLANKS for already filled. Even though it’s a double, it should give you a feel for how the game goes.

Be the first to supply me with all (or most) of the proper filled blanks and you may claim the dubious honor/responsibility of hosting Rogue Riddle #960 some day next weekend.

To make my hosting job easier to perform, please submit all your guesses (and follow-up guesses) in the form of a “worksheet” which includes the original riddles and contains all of the kills with which you have been previously credited.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

0. (sample)
Jazz musicians are notoriously underpaid! Our combo has BENJAMIN at the night club every evening this week yet we barely pulled down a C-NOTE.

1.
The president of a financial institution plays a very important BANKROLL.

2.
A reasonable price for moving a large concert piano would be something under a GRAND.

3.
Wealthy women always seem to be far more attractive to guys. The more money a gal has the more she is likely to be consider a real LUCRE

4.
Because he can brag of six degrees, the famous actor always manages to bring home the BACON.

5.
Australian animals come cheap. Bounty hunters are lucky if they can get even a BUCKAROO.

6.
Oyster farmers are always encroaching on each other’s breeding territory. The business is plagued by many ruthless CLAM jumpers.

7.
The practice of imprisoning people for their overdue bills was blatantly unfair. The court's landmark ruling against this established an unpaid DEBT PRECEDENT.

8.
The notorious burglar was fond of showing off his ill gotten gain. In fact it was for just such a public display that he was eventually arrested. The charge was LOOT conduct.

9.
The ruthless Attila wore neither boxers or briefs. His prefered undergarment was a pair of HUNDIES.

10.
Singing cows are very difficult to find, so whenever one is engaged to perform with the choir, they are paid lots of MOOLAH.

11.
When the underpaid woodchopper noticed that his boss had dropped his wallet on the ground, he SAWBUCKS and took ‘em.

12.
If you need a male vocalist to sing not solo with you, you can higher one cheap. You can probably find one to duet for a TENNER

13.
Back in the 1970’s, whenever the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers needed to score, he would go to the bench and put Mean Joe GREENBACK in the game.

14.
The thief arrested for stealing the cash box was hauled away in SHEKELS