moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #959

gary hallock

ROGUE RIDDLE #959 - Launched Sunday, February 17, 2019 @ noon central.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Submit all guesses, groans, grins, gripes & guffaws directly to <gary@...>
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

SHOW ME THE MONEY! - Euphemisms for the “long green.”

Below are 14 short riddles, each with a single BLANK for you to fill in. Each BLANK should be replaced with a word/phrase that is a common slang term for money. It is surprising to realize how long a shopping list there is for this general topic. Whether specific or generic, each of my terms can easily be discovered without significant brain bending or tedious research. As a sample, I have offered Riddle #Zero which actually contains two BLANKS for already filled. Even though it’s a double, it should give you a feel for how the game goes.

Be the first to supply me with all (or most) of the proper filled blanks and you may claim the dubious honor/responsibility of hosting Rogue Riddle #960 some day next weekend.

To make my hosting job easier to perform, please submit all your guesses (and follow-up guesses) in the form of a “worksheet” which includes the original riddles and contains all of the kills with which you have been previously credited.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Submit all guesses, groans, grins, gripes & guffaws directly to <gary@...>
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

0. (sample)
Jazz musicians are notoriously underpaid! Our combo has BENJAMIN at the night club every evening this week yet we barely pulled down a C-NOTE.

1.
The president of a financial institution plays a very important BLANK BLANK.

2.
A reasonable price for moving a large concert piano would be something under a BLANK.

3.
Wealthy women always seem to be far more attractive to guys. The more money a gal has the more she is likely to be consider a real BLANK.

4.
Because he can brag of six degrees, the famous actor always manages to bring home the BLANK.

5.
Australian animals come cheap. Bounty hunters are lucky if they can get even a BLANK.

6.
Oyster farmers are always encroaching on each other’s breeding territory. The business is plagued by many ruthless BLANK jumpers.

7.
The practice of imprisoning people for their overdue bills was blatantly unfair. The court's landmark ruling against this established an unpaid BLANK BLANK.

8.
The notorious burglar was fond of showing off his ill gotten gain. In fact it was for just such a public display that he was eventually arrested. The charge was BLANK conduct.

9.
The ruthless Attila wore neither boxers or briefs. His prefered undergarment was a pair of BLANK.

10.
Singing cows are very difficult to find, so whenever one is engaged to perform with the choir, they are paid lots of BLANK.

11.
When the underpaid woodchopper noticed that his boss had dropped his wallet on the ground, he BLANK and took ‘em.

12.
If you need a male vocalist to sing not solo with you, you can higher one cheap. You can probably find one to duet for a BLANK.

13.
Back in the 1970’s, whenever the coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers needed to score, he would go to the bench and put Mean Joe BLANK in the game.

14.
The thief arrested for stealing the cash box was arrested and hauled away in BLANK.