moderated My punny podcast

gary hallock

Many of you are likely unaware that I’ve recently been dipping my metaphorical foot into yet another avenue of ex-stream pun perpetration.
As a New Year gift to you, I thought I should probably offer up a link to our most recent episode of Pun Intensive, the PUNY podcast

If you are intrigued by this sample, you might like to go in and listen to some of our earlier shows. They should show up easily with 
only a bit of clicking around. We usually do a panel of 4 players plus moderator. (Note: listening to podcasts does not require a 
smart phone or any special equipment. You should be able to easily click on the “PLAY” link below and start it right up.

This particular link is to a “bonus” show where I do a phone interview with a single person.

Either way, I’m sure you might enjoy getting an idea of what shape my alleged “retirement” from being Pun-Off producer is likely to take.

Gary

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 31, 2018 at 11:06:37 AM CST
To: <gary@...>
Subject: New episode Bonus Episode - Paul Silverman Interview is published
Reply-To: <punoffatx@...>

Pun Intensive

Bonus Episode - Paul Silverman Interview

2018-12-31

Happy New Year!

We will be coming back from our holiday break next Monday, but in the meantime we have a fun interview with comedian Paul Silverman to tide you over.

Here's his bio:

• Semi professional comedian.
  • Hashtag games aficionado.
  • Winner of best male lead in a short film in the 2016 Finnish short film festival.
  • Creator of Pun Intended, a game show designed to put puns in the spotlight and reward not only the contestants but also include and stimulate audience participation.
  • Producer of comedy shows designed to showcase local talent with the ulterior motive of making sure comedians get paid actual money as opposed to the BS of the promise of "exposure."
  • Staunch defender of puns/ wordplay as a legitimate form of entertainment.
  • Stubborn as a mule. But not a drug mule. Those people seem pretty desperate.

We also encourage you to check out some of the people mentioned in the podcast, including:

Not to mention the classics:

Remember that the Punoff is in Austin on May 11th, 2019, and we also want to give social thanks to the band Dark Meat, whose music ("When the Killers Came") we use for interstitials.

Play

This email was sent to gary@...
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
O. Henry Pun-Off · 409 E 5th St, Austin, TX 78701 · Austin, Tx 78758 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

Join main@puny.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.