moderated ROGUE RIDDLE #952 (Bingo & Reveal)

gary hallock

After a frantic few days of play that very nearly spanned across two calendar years, Cynthia MacGregor has claimed the game with a clean sweep. Second in the chain of fools was Bill Crider who knocked out a very respectable 9 of 10. Kirk Miller was our “also ran” this week with a barely-passing grade of 70% correct.

I offered below a numerical listing to the required answers below and also have incorporated each into its proper place in the original paragraph at the bottom.

Thank you for playing. Watch for another fine Rogue from Cynthia next weekend.

Gary Hallock

===================

On Dec 31, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Gary Hallock gary@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

I’m so lonely, I really need a hog. It’s a porcine that I have only three players on such a simple game. If I am celebrating this evening, perhaps it’s swine that’ll make me feel better.

Even if you have picked up on the theme of this riddle, I should remind you that some of my target words are somewhat oblique. They will be related to the subject only tangentially. (e.g. One is a 3 letter abbreviation and another will be a well known brand name.)

Not too late to swoop in and claim this kill. I’m sure someone Wilbur-y soon do just this.

GH

=============

1. HAM
2. PIG
3. SOWS
4. STY
5. PEN
6. BOAR
7. HORMEL
8. BLT
9. PORK
10. BACON

==================

ROGUE RIDDLE #952 - Launched December 30, 2018 @ noon central

Short and simple are my watch-word for this week, as I am quick to assume that many of our regular players may still be in the midst of holiday distractions, doldrums or hangovers.

Below you will find a short paragraph containing 10 numbered blanks. Each can be filled with a single word. All these words will be related to a single theme. Discover the theme and you should easily be able to divine the correct answer to most, if not all.

Naturally, once you’ve done this, all that’s laughed is to submit your worksheet directly to me and claim your prize, the dubious honor/responsibility of hosting the first Rogue Riddle of 2019 next weekend.

In (HAM)erica we generally don't make a (PIG) deal about it, but the Chinese will be celebrating the new year [two(SOWS)and nineteen] in the same (STY) le they usually do, by connecting it to an animal. Never one to leave a (PEN) untended, I thought I would avoid (BOAR)ing you with more lame limericks as is my (HORMEL) strategy. This week I have (BLT) all of my riddles into just a few sentences. Some, I’m sure you will find are of (PORK)quality, and for this I am (BACON) your pardon.

Gary Hallock
gary@...