Hopalong Cassidy was really William Boyd

James Ertner

Thanks, Joseph and Lars, for chiming in with your ringing endorsements; I think we’re all of one a-chord that punning is music to our ears.

Jim

From: ca_12_dozen@... [puny]
Sent: ‎Tuesday‎, ‎May‎ ‎24‎, ‎2016 ‎6‎:‎21‎ ‎AM
To: ca_12_dozen@... [puny]

Hoppy Boyd Day, Jim!

    There also was that cowboy so beloved by his young fans he and his sidekick became known as Boy Dodgers and his slender horse, Sliver.  As for his sidekick, ain't he divine?

    And that cowboy straight out of the illustrated books, Com Mix.

    And that cowboy who was always late arriving at the scene, Last LaRue.  (He often arrived whipped!)

    What about the cowboy known for gunning down game, Takes Critter?

On May 24, 2016, at 01:21, JosephH josephharris@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

And how late can you get with birthday wishes? I suppose 364 days - that's nearly yearly.

Another cowboy is surely the Loan Arranger. I take no credit for thinking up that one.

Joseph
======

Thanks, Cyn, for remembering. Hopalong Cassidy was actually one of my favorite cowboy shows as a kid, along with that recluse musical writer: The Lone Arranger.

Jim