Re: Rogue to be launched tomorrow

gary hallock

As easy as it is to confuse Charles, I believe in this case Stan has him confused with Bert Piboin, whose pun-off attendance record exceeds mine by several years. While not exactly a later rival to the event, I don’t think Charles’ participation goes back any farther than Stan’s does.

BTW - Bert Piboin is stepping down after a 3 year term on the board of the Brush Square Museums Foundation (Formerly known as the Friends of O.Henry) but will remain more-or-less in Austin and very likely will continue to attend and/or participate in the Pun-Off for many jeers to come.

Gary
-------------
Charles,

If my memory serves me right, you hold the record for either the most Pun-Offs attended or the most Pun-Offs participated in, and we will all miss your presence and participation each May. I only wish is you had let us know so we could have honored you from the podium a few weeks ago.

By the way, how many years will it take Gary to match your record.

Good luck indoor new home.

Stan

On May 21, 2016, at 7:00 AM, chasmwuk@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Since my better half and I will move to Poland for a year or two in about a week, I thought it appropriate to come up with a Rogue with an Eastern European theme.  I'll launch it tomorrow about 2 p.m. CST.  It won't be anything of an imaginative nature like Gary's limericks, but rather a mixture of punning genres, some of them oldies (but goodies).

One of the regulars on this list asked me what the story on Poland was.  I had a Fulbright lectureship there during the 1979-81 academic years, Beata was my student, and we married a f ew years later.  I joke that I wanted a young, pretty wife and she wanted a green card. We celebrated our 30th anniversary this past April, so it was obviously more than a sugar daddy relationship.  Again, I joke that she was looking for three things in a husband:  looks, money, and education.  Well, one out of three ain't bad!  I do have a Ph.D.

Charles