Re: Rogue to be launched tomorrow

Lars Hanson

Charles,

    Congratulations to you on having been declared fully bright, and on your Beata-fic marriage!

    So, what will you be doing to support yourself in Pole Land?  Teaching again?

   We have the past, but cannot yet see the future here.

On May 21, 2016, at 10:00, chasmwuk@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Since my better half and I will move to Poland for a year or two in about a week, I thought it appropriate to come up with a Rogue with an Eastern European theme.  I'll launch it tomorrow about 2 p.m. CST.  It won't be anything of an imaginative nature like Gary's limericks, but rather a mixture of punning genres, some of them oldies (but goodies).

One of the regulars on this list asked me what the story on Poland was.  I had a Fulbright lectureship there during the 1979-81 academic years, Beata was my student, and we married a few years later.  I joke that I wanted a young, pretty wife and she wanted a green card. We celebrated our 30th anniversary this past April, so it was obviously more than a sugar daddy relationship.  Again, I joke that she was looking for three things in a husband:  looks, money, and education.  Well, one out of three ain't bad!  I do have a Ph.D.

Charles