Thanks to all who've offered their guesses; the game is still on, so please join in!  Clues to #6-10 will come tonight.

In the meantime, ome additional clues to #1-5:

#1 - Some theologians say that Satan was one of God's cherubs - prior to mankind's creation - and became the rebellious one.  If you consider that God chose one day of the week in which to rest and/or worship, you might consider that Satan would also choose the same day, but rename it to suit his needs
#2 - When a man is "fertile" he has the ability to "seed" an egg; when he is not - much like a barren field - he is BLANK.  The phrase can also be an explanation or description of the Golden Rule
#3 - This may be the largest of the sea horses (technically speaking), but is found in fresh water
#4 -  There is a word (8 letters in length) that when defined means, someone who does all kinds of work; a jack-of-all-trades; a handyman.  I am at the "boundary" of using that word to form a two word homonym which loosely could describe someone in a Native American community who's illegal - let's change the clue to:  What would you call an illegal person who is posing as a spirit, and who works diligently for the tribe?
#5 - There are all kinds of arachnids - there are many German words - find the German word that means "well-rounded" and it will hopefully help you solve this.  This same word is also Yiddish, and could mean plump and juicy.

I will be available to monitor your guesses if you send them to:  ca_12_dozen@...

Chris

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 1:31 AM, "Chris Gross ca_12_dozen@... [puny]" wrote:

Well, considering last week's riddle launched late, and this one early, it hasn't changed the participation a whole lot. So far, only one person, Lars, has offered any guesses. He has 1 correct answer. Is this too tough? Not interesting enough?

Well, to keep things moving, here are my first set of clues for the first five riddles. I will offer the second set late tomorrow if necessary. Good luck, and please join in!!

CG

1.       What is the most holy day of the week on Satan’s calendar? BLANK (looking for a one word answer) Chose one of the days of the week and change one letter. It'll make perfect sense. Not a true homonym but really close
2.       What you still do – as a wife – after your hubby’s had a vasectomy? (looking for a 4 word phrase, punned word is the third one) The letter count for the four words are 4/4/6/3. The punned word (6 letters) is the same letter count as the non-punned word, except the second letter is different. Think of what a man has none of once he's been snipped
3.       What you call the place where sea horses attend a school of higher learning? BLANK BLANK (this is NOT a homonym, per se) The two words, when put together, are the same. For example, SAND MAN = sandman. The merged word has a different meaning, though. Letter count is 5/6 for the two words; 11 for the single. Think of a single word that is a synonym for sea horse. Also, think of what you call the general place where the school of higher learning is.
4.       What you call an illegal person employed to do all kinds of work around the tepee? BLANK BLANK (this IS a punned homonym) The letter count for the punned homonym is 4/5. The word I used for the pun/homonym is 8 letters and is defined as a handyman
5.       What you call a full rounded arachnid after it’s had a bite? BLANK BLANK (this IS a punned homonym) Letter count for the punned words are 4/4. The word I used to create the pun is 6 letters in length and is German. The other clue I can offer is to focus on the full-rounded descriptor

On Mar 5, 2016, at 1:20 PM, "Chris Gross ca_12_dozen@... [puny]" <puny@...> wrote:

Well, here it is . . . the one our Learless Feeder said, "I can't wait to see what he (Chris) comes up with!"  Which, Gary, I took as a huge complement! (pun intended)

So, without additional fanfare, squiggly lines, avatars, emojis or any other computer characters, I present to you 10 questions.  Each has one correct answer to the question, posed in the form of a pun.  Most are based around homonyms, with the exception of #3.  For example, I might ask:  "What would you say to the apprentice baker when he asked his boss about a certain recipe?  Answer:  He's on a "knead to know" basis.  As you slog threw, and put you're brain to ewes, yule cum up with the write answer!

Please proffer any guesses to me at:  ca_12_dozen@... . . . DO NOT HIT REPLY OR YOU WILL BE BANISHED TO GITMO!!

I will be pretty lenient, and will offer clues as necessary.  Since we are launching today, my hope is that this fiasco will be all over by midnight, Monday, GMT -5, or sooner, if a BINGO is scored.  I have my mom visiting, so I will be AFC from time to time, but I will have the iPhone with me so I should be able to respond quickly.  Clues will appear Sunday and Monday, if necessary.  Enjoy!

1.       What is the most holy day of the week on Satan’s calendar? BLANK (looking for a one word answer)
2.       What you still do – as a wife – after your hubby’s had a vasectomy? (looking for a 4 word phrase, punned word is the third one)
3.       What you call the place where sea horses attend a school of higher learning? BLANK BLANK (this is NOT a homonym, per se)
4.       What you call an illegal person employed to do all kinds of work around the tepee? BLANK BLANK (this IS a punned homonym)
5.       What you call a full rounded arachnid after it’s had a bite? BLANK BLANK (this IS a punned homonym)
6.       What does a person who hates eating at a Jewish Deli and a Rastafarian have in common? BLANK BLANK/BLANK (looking for both the punned and un-punned answer)
7.       What were the gardeners doing after the Christ child was born? (looking for a 9 word phrase, punned word is the 7th word)
8.       What might Major Anthony Nelson order if he’s buying Jeannie a drink? (looking for a 3 word answer, with the 1st word being the pun)
9.       What do you call the condition that a US GI has when faced with doing another 8-legged tour in the Mideast? BLANK
10.   What do you call a long-winded poem about an electric appliance which is used to add flavor to meat? (looking for a 5 word answer with multiple punned words)