Re: FETA #72

Stan Kegel

I agree entirely with the comments of Lars and Bill. When I accept the BINGO to post the next riddle I feel an obligation to be able to answer any guesses within a resealable time. That means I must be around my computer except for short periods. I don't think there is anything more frustrating than giving an answer you feel is correct and waiting 4 t9 8 hours to find out if you were correct or if anyone beat you to it. Likewise it is frustrating to sit around the computer and getting no guesses at all because no one has the time to post the next riddle. Is ny riddle to obscure and I have to give some obvious clues or is it because everyone is busy. By putting even a suggestion to not bother to play if you're unable to give the time to post the next riddle is likely to end the F Rissoles for lack of participation.

And how about any new participants who want to try to answer the riddles but are uncomfortable to start guessing because they do not yet feel comfortable enough to post riddles of their own.

There should be no pressure to force anyone to obligate themselves to posting the next riddle for the privilege of playing.

NONE

Stan

On Jan 6, 2016, at 5:42 AM, Bill Crider crider_bill@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Some of us are not retired or have obligations that make it difficult to be attentive to the games. When I am able to host, sometimes I have had folks criticize me for not responding as fast as they think I should. That has made me even more reluctant to host.
So I agree heartily with Lars:  all should feel encouraged to play, even if you can't host.
billcrider

On Jan 6, 2016, at 7:07 AM, Lars Hanson parkersan2001@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

All,

    If Cyn's comment is accurate, this is a sad state of affairs.

    The riddles here are a game.  It seems to me the point of any game is to have fun.  That should mean that *ALL* players are welcome, regardless of whether or not they want to or can host the next riddle.

    Why not encourage all to play and discourage none?

    It seems pretty cheesy to limit players in the FETA Riddles.  Has it a curd to some yet that is not the whey to play?  Wouldn't it be gouda to include everyone?

    Best Swisses and aloha,

        Lars

On Jan 6, 2016 7:47 AM, "Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny]" <puny@...> wrote:

I know the answer but u have made it plain u don't want to hear from anyone who won't host the next riddle…and I CAN'T

From: PUNY <PUNY@...>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:44 AM
To: PUNY <PUNY@...>
Subject: [puny] FETA #72

Another off-the-topic FETA:

This may not be fair to our non-American friends since it concerns the 2016 presidential race.  Donald Trump, who's currently leading the Republican pack, has leveled charges that one of his main opponents may not be eligible for the presidency since he wasn't born in the United States.  In other words, he's concerned that his opponent might catch up with him in the national polls and ____________ to an easy victory in the Republican Party race.

Send your guesses to chasmwuk@....