I didn't decline!

James Ertner

And here I thought it was TBS’ O’Brien’s special St. Patty’s Day instrument: Conan drum.

Jim

===========================

I thought it was the author of the Sherlock Holmes stories:  Arthur Conundrum Doyle.

Charles

Charles,

    I thought that was the question asked when they could find no one to pound out a beat for the galley slaves -- can none drum?

==================================

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 10:24 AM, chasmwuk@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Practice safe punning - use a conundrum.

Charles

Charles,
    My apologies.  It was Bill, not you who solved FIRE #50.  Charles was excruciatingly close, but failed to put it all together.
    A painful lesson to me in the limitations of human memory and of trying to retrieve information using a "smart" phone.
Cyn,
    You are quite correct in your comments here.  You have nailed the quandary (or dilemma).
    I would like to add what I wrote to Bill at the time:
    A bit of philosophy here:  As far as I am concerned, when a riddle is posted,  *anyone* should be allowed to guess at the riddle, regardless of whether or not they can host.  The main purpose is to have fun!& nbsp; Hosting requires some time, and so not everyone can host.  But most can play, and everyone should feel free to do so

    Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.

But then, Charles, when a person doesn't play 'cause he/she can't host, people complain that no one is playing. It can't be both ways.