Water Riddles

James Ertner

As the nursery rhyme writer said, “If you’re in a rush to visit the john in England, and yours is out of order, you can always skip to my loo.”

Jim

============================

Who's in the john, Galt?

To build a loo do you need a plumb line?

Alex

--------------------
She just shrugged, and then being thirsty, she then went to the fountain(head).

Charles

==========

Forgetting the image of the footstools, a friend of mine met one of America's old philosphers. Those many years ago he went up to her and said "You're Ayn." He says she just shrugged.
Joseph
=============

Some fancy British toilets now offer, at no charge, cushioned benches for resting one’s lower appendages. They’re foot loos and fancy free.

Jim
=====================

Wasn’t it Thomas Crapper who invented the Waterloo?

Gary Hallock

=============

Always ready  to oblige. It so happens we had to close our own and bring in a portable lavatory; as we couldn't use our own, a visit was referred to as in lieu.

Several times a visitor failed to lock the door, and was seen in action. His visits were consequently known as lew'd.

After Colonel Blood stole the crown jewels [true story][but not the next bit] we hid them in the water tank - at that time we went to the loot.
Joseph
==========
Speaking of Napoleon, Wellington once asked in a seafood restaurant for Fish a la Napoleon.  When the waiter asked what in heck that was, the famous Duke and victor of Waterloo replied:  "without the Bonaparte."

Charles
==========
Q: What did Napoleon ask his friend Louis when he was thirsty?
A: “Do you have any water, Lou?”

Okay, Joseph, queue in the loo puns!

Jim
========================

What do you call the British habit of stroking their pound notes with their tongue?
Lick quid.

Alex

-----------------------

This string is getting silly.  I'll brook no further nonsense.

Charles

=================================

Yes, I drought we’re river going to run so dry of 4 letter F-words. That would be taking it to ex-streams.
Gary Hallock
=========
If we river get to that.
Alex
-----------------------
I agree with wet Charles said. We should just wait and go with the FLOW.

Gary Hallock
==========
Alex, water you want to send these riddles out now?  They would make a good F-series later.

Charles

Where is the sea?
Between the "B" and "D".

What do you call a female plumber?
Flo.

What is a synonym for water?
"Should". As in the phrase, "I water do it, because its good for me."

Alex