Re: minor sports punning

Stan Kegel

HIGH JUMPER FLOPS IN BID FOR GOLD MEDAL.

Stan

= = = = = = = = = = =

CHESSMASTER PAWNS MEDALS AFTER MULTIPLE CHECKS BOUNCE,

Stan

= = = = = = = = = =

Champion's Hopes for Repeat Gold Medal in Uncommon Racquet Ball Sport Squashed

Charles

====================================
The losing golf player used course language.

The winning hockey player was told by his wife to pucker up.

Jim

=========================
KARATE BLACK BELT KICKED OUT OF STADIUM

FRISBIE CHAMPIONSHIP STILL UP IN THE AIR

SPECTATORS RIOT AFTER SURFERS HANG TEN

Stan

= = = = = = = = = =

On hearing about the upcoming competition, the weightlifter dropped everything

Doug S.
==============
Bid for skating medal is on thin ice

Volleyball league: Here are the net results

Cyn

= = = = =

Lacrosse players have stick-to-it-iveness.

Jim
==========================

BOWLERS GO ON STRIKE
Doug S.
===========
Good ones, Cyn!

Bass Championship Anglers Can Get Hooked on Their Sport

Charles

=================================

MINI GOLF COMES UP SHORT
TENNIS PLAYER COMES UNSTRUNG
PHOTOG: "BADMINTON PLAYERS DON'T SMILE FOR THE BIRDIE"
ACROBAT'S ANTICS ARE JUST GYM DANDY

Cyn
= = = =
This is serious: I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports. It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String." (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

Begin forwarded message: