Minor Sporta Punning

James Ertner

The losing golf player used course language.

The winning hockey player was told by his wife to pucker up.

Jim

=========================

KARATE BLACK BELT KICKED OUT OF STADIUM

FRISBIE CHAMPIONSHIP STILL UP IN THE AIR

SPECTATORS RIOT AFTER SURFERS HANG TEN

Stan

= = = = = = = = = =

On hearing about the upcoming competition, the weightlifter dropped everything

Doug S.

==============

Bid for skating medal is on thin ice

Volleyball league: Here are the net results

Cyn

= = = = =

Lacrosse players have stick-to-it-iveness.

Jim

==========================

BOWLERS GO ON STRIKE

Doug S.

===========

Good ones, Cyn!

Bass Championship Anglers Can Get Hooked on Their Sport

Charles

=================================

MINI GOLF COMES UP SHORT

TENNIS PLAYER COMES UNSTRUNG

PHOTOG: "BADMINTON PLAYERS DON'T SMILE FOR THE BIRDIE"

ACROBAT'S ANTICS ARE JUST GYM DANDY

Cyn

= = = =

This is serious: I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports. It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String." (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"

"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles

Begin forwarded message:

From: "doug10101@... [puny]" <puny@...>