Re: minor sports punning

James Ertner

Lacrosse players have stick-to-it-iveness.

Jim
==========================

BOWLERS GO ON STRIKE

Doug S.

===========

Good ones, Cyn!

Bass Championship Anglers Can Get Hooked on Their Sport

Charles

=================================

MINI GOLF COMES UP SHORT
TENNIS PLAYER COMES UNSTRUNG
PHOTOG: "BADMINTON PLAYERS DON'T SMILE FOR THE BIRDIE"
ACROBAT'S ANTICS ARE JUST GYM DANDY

Cyn
= = = =
This is serious:  I saw a few minutes ago a news story about championships in minor sports.  It mentioned the national yo-yo championship, and had the caption "Yo-Yo Competitors Have the World on a String."  (We need to get whoever wrote that to join our list serve.) Anyway, I can think of possible headlines:

"Curling Competitors Have to Put Their Careers on Ice"
"Fencing Competitors Aim to Foil Their Opponents' Plans"

Anyone else?

Charles