The Metric System (Corrected Again)

James Ertner

Peter Piper picked 8.810 liters of peppers.

Jim
===================

There are many talented punsters who don't contribute.  We welcome all submissions.  Don't be shy!  Don't hide your candle under 1.25 cubic feet.

Charles

================================

I didn’t think he would get there in time 6.56 feet train.

Stan

= = = = = = =
Well, this one got lost in all the corrections, but here it goes again:
Do you want the whole 8.2296 meters?

Bert

==========
Sometimes when governors, heads of state, etc. from other places visit Texas, our governor presents them with a 37.8 liter hat.

Charles

=============================

He liked it so much he went back 1/15th minute.

Stan

= = = = = =

I’m getting worried. He’s been gone 201 meters time

stan

= = = = = =

What is the 33.814 ounceal meaning of these puns?

Do they belong in a 33.814 ounceary journal?

Have you heard of a mineral called literz?

Is any of this 0.035274 ouncematical?

Alex

= = = = = =

For those of you who enjoy watching female athletes, the Geena Davis-Tom Hanks movie, "Five And A Half Kilometers Of Their Own" will be on TV tonight.

Stan

-==--=-=--==-==-=-=-=-=

That’s 125 gallons & I’m not lion. That’s enough cat litter to fertilize a whole farm

Stan

 = = = = = =

My guess is that 454 grams is the weight of 473 litters of a kitty named Milly!
Jest wishes
Norman

============

Don’t put your 30.5 centimeters in your mouth.

Stan

= = = = =

Do we decimal system?

Alex

==============

This is an example of how a proverb or cliche would change if we switched to the metric system.

There are 473 ml in a pint. There are 454 grams in a pound.

Other examples would be "A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometers," or  "28 grams of prevention is worth 454 grams of cure."

I was hoping to get other examples.

Stan

= = = = =
Oh good--I'm not the only one who doesn't get it.

Cyn
= = = = =

I don't get it

Doug

= = = = =

473 milliliters is 454 grams the world around.

Stan