FSST Riddle #57 bingo

James Ertner

 Thanks for the tutorial on how steak is served, Stan. That’s the first time I’ve heard the term “blood rare” used (not counting my ex British wife’s exclamation of something being “bloody rare”). Having lived my entire adult life in New England, I’ve been on a seafood diet. (And I don’t mean whenever I “see” food I eat it.)

Jim
========================
Jim: I will frequently order my steaks 'Blood Rare' at the finer steak restaurants. It is the equivalent  of seared for fish and indicates the center is still cold and only the outer portion is cooked. Rare is similar to blood rare but it is warm throughout. Medium rare indicates only the middle is pink.

Blood rare is one of the standard designations for how a steak is served, just as medium rare is.. I did say 'roar' as a pun on 'rare'. However I did send it too late for you to consider it.

Charles: Blood rare is not a oxymoron nor raw as it is minimally cooked. 'Blood raw' would not be an oxymoron but a redundancy such as a 'C. D. disc', a 'CAT scan X-ray', or a 'unpleasant nightmare'. An oxymoron implies the two parts are opposites such as a pleasant nightmare", 'Civil War' or 'Microsoft Works'.

Stan

===================

And if I hit my tv during a comedy show, am I striking a happy medium?

Joseph Harris
============
Roar is a pun on “rare.” “Medium rare” is a way of cooking meat.

I’ve never heard of the term “blood rare.” To me, it’s always been either rare, medium rare, medium well, or well done. TV, of course, is a medium that is rarely well done.

Jim
========================

I agree, Stan.  How does the "medium" in "medium roar" tie in with lions?  However, both "blood" and "roar" certainly do.  On the other hand, since the lions in the pun like their meat cooked, I guess blood raw is an oxymoron.  Oxymoron?  Is that a mentally deficient high school grad who somehow got into England's most prestigious university?

Charles
I thought my answer of BLOOD ROAR was better, but it was sent to Jim after the BINGO was announced but before I saw it.

Stan
The I-realize-I-should-wait-until-Tuesday-to-post-the-next-F-riddle-but-I’ll-be-leaving-Tuesday-morning-for-two-weeks-in-San-Diego-and-will-only-be-checking-email-once-a-day-on-my-wife’s-iPad FSST Riddle #57

How do lions like their meat cooked?

Cyn, the chef, quickly knew that lions like their meat cooked …

#### medium roar.

Rest up for the weekend and await Cyn’s posting of #58 on Tuesday morning.