Re: Morris dancing?

joseph h

It is very English and very quaint. The dancers wear bells, and there is another figure of some ominous creature that is effectively the fool - and money collector! It seems to me to have developed from training fighters in far distant days.

Joseph

Thanks. Oddly, although I never watch TV, I do know of Morris the cat. But I am totally unfamiliar with the term "Morris dancing."

Cyn

= = = = =

Cyn,

    Morris the cat was featured in commercials.,

    Morris dancing thus is the answer to the type of dancing that famous cat would engage in.

    Play between the cat's name and a type of dancing.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Cynthia MacGregor cynthia@... [puny] <puny@...> wrote:

Isn't anyone going to answer my question as to what "Morris dancing" is a pun on?