Re: Fink 52 Bingo

gary hallock

Yeah, this baffled me too for a bit. I had to google up "chameleon" to see if "coat" or "cote" might be an obscure term for such a lizard. Then suddenly I realized that "turncoat" is merely what a chameleon is famous for doing. That's the gag, simple and straighforward. Not really so much of a pun as a twisted phrase. It passes my test.

GH

==================

On Oct 13, 2005, at 9:44 AM, Cynthia MacGregor wrote:

Pardon me if I sound dumb, but where's the pun?

Any traitor is a turncoat, but what in the world are you punning on?

Cyn, who is probably being very blonde but just doesn't see the pun

On 10/13/05 10:35 AM, "Bob Dvorak" <lisztman52@...> wrote:

The snake came by every afternoon to prey on the
chameleons sitting in the shallow trees. One
chameleon made a deal with the snake -- who would
leave him alone, if he only told the snake where
to find the others. He became known as ???

Norm knew I was looking for "turncoat".

Bob

--
Visit the P.U.N.Y. and O.Henry Museum websites!
http://bounce.to/puny

~-->
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/vzIolB/TM