Punsters United Nearly Yearly (P.U.N.Y.) firstname.lastname@example.orgPunsters United Nearly Yearly (P.U.N.Y.) is a small, unofficial group, formed in 1990 to assist the O. Henry Home and Museum in Austin, TX. Specifically, we help coordinate and present the museum's largest fundraiser each year, the annual O. Henry Pun-Off World Championships.
The O. Henry Home and Museum is actually inside the house in which the famous short story author William Sydney Porter (a.k.a. O. Henry) lived while in Austin. The house is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
The Pun-Off helps to provide operating and renovation funds for the museum. In the process, we provide free entertainment for over 1,000 spectators each year, collecting funds through raffles, book sales, and audience donations during the event. The Pun-Off is also an event that allows the most twisted minds in the country, P.U.N.Y. members and otherwise, a chance to show just how far the English language can be bent without breaking.
Discussions shall include and mostly be limited to P.U.N.Y. status announcements, pun challenges and discussions, and basically anything pun-related. Non-pun discussions and discussions about the annual O. Henry World Championships should be taken to the Miss Elainey subgroup.
NOTE: Some messages may contain mildly mature subject matter. Parental discretion is advised. Please keep things at least at a PG level if you join, at this link.
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.